Terms & Conditions
How your 10-year guarantee works
Your guarantee will begin after your installation is complete and only if you do not owe us any money under the contract.
Once your fitter has reported that your installation is complete, you have 3 days to check over your furniture to ensure you are happy with everything and to contact us regarding any concerns you may have. Any issues reported after these 3 days will be accessed under the guarantee terms and once your balance has
been settled under the terms of your contract.
The Guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
• The furniture has been installed by BestFitted Wardrobe in the U.K.
• The furniture has been used for normal domestic purposes only.
• The guarantee is personal to you and is not transferable
• You have properly cared for and used the goods and followed any instructions provided by us, particularly in the case of High glosS furniture.
• The furniture has not been altered, or interfered with, by any other persons not authorised to do so by BestFitted Wardrobe.
• Any repair work must be undertaken by BestFitted wardrobe. This does not include the fitting/replacement of the items listed below which are not covered under our guarantee.
• Any parts removed during repair works that are subsequently replaced become the property of BestFitted Wardrobe.
In case of hinges are not working properly, we will supply to you .For changing the hinges we will charge you fitting charges only .
The guarantee does not cover:
• Any damage caused by wear and tear.
• Natural wear and tear.
• Natural colour fading caused by prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
• Movement of wardrobe infill or worktop caused by natural movement of the house’s structure for installations over 30 days old. This also includes settlement of furniture if fitted on top of carpet.
• Fitting of any small item replacements, for example, handles, hanging rails, etc.
• Electrical and light fittings, bulbs mirrors and glass.
• Door and drawer adjustments and caulking, refitting of drawers removed from drawer runners.
• Accidental damage caused as a result of an unexpected and nondeliberate action.
• If the furniture is required to be removed from the room’s structure the guarantee does not cover re-decoration or damage to flooring. This will be the responsibility of the consumer to make good.
• All consumables required to replace faulty parts will be charged for; these include, but are not limited to, screws, filler, brackets, etc.
• Water damage and excessive moisture damage
Please note: We shall at our discretion repair, replace or reinstall parts as required. Due to natural colour fading on your existing furniture there may be a slight colour variation in any items replaced which is out of BestFitted Wardrobe control.
PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“you” means the person signing below/overleaf (and if more than one, both or all of you: your obligations being as individuals and together);
“us” and “we” means Best Fitted Wardrobe;
“the goods” means the items specified above/overleaf;
“the site” means the place where the goods are to be fitted (as specified above/overleaf);
“the fitter” means the person we contract to fit the goods.
20% to 30% of deposit required at the time of order
30% to 20% of payment before the installation date
Remaining 50% will be paid up on completion of the job.
If the payment terms are not met the goods will not be sent to you. If you have not decided on the exact specification of the order prior to installation such as colour choice of upholstery, you must still comply with the payment terms agreed at the time of placing the order.
2. PLEASE READ THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY AS WE WILL RELY ON THE TERMS SET OUT HERE AND ABOVE/OVERLEAF AND NEITHER WE NOR YOU CAN ALTER THEM WITHOUT THE AGREEMENT OF THE OTHER.
3. We agree to supply and fit the goods at the site, unless it is stated otherwise above. Our furniture is made from partswhich, once installed by our fitter, will form your fitted furniture and fulfil your order. The installation process will take between 1-15 working days and we will in any event use our reasonable endeavours to complete the installation as soon as we reasonably can.
4. We will try to fulfil our obligations under this contract within a reasonable time. However, any fitting or completion date we give is a guide only and is based upon information given by you and other information known to us at the time. We cannot be held liable for delay or failure to complete the works caused by events beyond our reasonable control, in those cases we will complete the work as soon as reasonably possible.
5. If we have agreed with you to arrange for the goods to be fitted, the following applies:
1.That you have permission to use any plans or drawings you supply to us
2. To make sure that any re-routing or installation of plumbing (including water, radiators, drainage, gas, sewage and the like), or electrics, removal of existing furniture and carpets have been carried out to a good workman-like standard prior to the fitting date;
3. Make sure that the fitter has access to the site at reasonable times (between 8.30am and 6.30pm on weekdays) or otherwise as agreed by you and us;
4. To make sure that the fitter can use the mains electricity supply from a standard 13A 240V socket free of charge, and that the supply is installed to the usual standards in force at the time;
5. That you will not make any material alterations in the rooms to be fitted, and that in particular you have not installed, relocated or removed any fixed items that you have not told us about before we entered into the contract;
6. To provide reasonable access to the room to be fitted (ladder access is not acceptable) to clear the room to provide sufficient working space for the fitter, and co-operate in reducing health and safety risks to an acceptable level.
7. If you wish to cancel or postpone your fitting date within 21 working days of the due date we will incur costs and cancellation or postponement may be subject to a £100 charge.
8. You confirm that you have told us of any particular features which you know about the site or its construction which may make the installation more difficult than we might reasonably expect. In particular, you acknowledge that you have checked the walls are sound.
9. You are advised not to decorate rooms (except the space where front frame furniture is to be installed) prior to installation in order to avoid minor incidental damage caused during installation.
10. Changes to the order after survey, if we agree to make at your request, will result in a charge of additional cost of the goods involved and possibly a delay in the planned fit date.
11. We may make improvements to the specifications of the goods (or minor cosmetic changes) or their installation before completion of the installation.
We will not make any significant changes without your agreement.
12. All our wood products are of a satisfactory quality although as wood is a natural product it can vary in grain or colour.
13.For installation and safety purposes there may be a join in any material over 2,000MM
14. If you ask to cancel the contract we will consider agreeing with in 7 days and cancel your contract and notify to you, after 7 days we will incur the following costs
if we manufactured the goods for your specific needs we will charge you
25% of the contract price.
If we start the installation process of your goods we will charge you 70% of the contract price.
If you are job is completed we will charge is 100% of the contract price .
15. As the agreement concerns the supply of goods which are made to your specification or are clearly personalised, you have no right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
16. The legal ownership of the goods will not pass to you until you have paid all of the money you owe us whether under this agreement or otherwise. You are responsible for the goods as soon as they are delivered to the site and we advise you to check your household insurance to ensure that you are covered.
17. This contract will end if you become bankrupt or otherwise insolvent, or make any arrangement with people you owe money to, in which case we will only carry out work we have started and which has been paid for.
18. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase please contact our Customer Service Centre, if you remain unhappy with out final response you may be able to refer your compliant to the Furniture Ombudsman